Thursday, February 13, 2014

Stoner Food Reviews, Day 10

Hello again, my sleepy, lazy, hungry friends!  I made Strawberry Cream Cheese Pound Cake today.  My God that title sounds amazing.  Whoa, I am very buzzed...  I found this recipe on Bakerella and was drawn in by how delicious it seemed.  I may also make her Petits Fours soon.

Recipe here:

http://www.bakerella.com/pound-cake-and-petit-fours/



I think it turned out fairly well, except the toothpick did not come out clean, even after more than ten extra minutes of baking.  Ohhh I'm hungry and sleepy...  Now to try it, which I have yet to do.  I've given one side icing, to compare.  If I had put in any effort (been sober), I could have made a cleaner slice, but today I'm apparently hell-bent on being a dumb-ass, so this happened:



Strawberry Cream Cheese Pound Cake: Pastry and strawberry intermingled.  So yummy.  I think this is a good recipe.  It's not even warm anymore, but it's still so fresh and delicious-tasting.  I like the zings of tartness from the strawberries.  Now, the icing: it definitely adds a cream cheese flavour; sweet and creamy.  It sort of resembles strawberry shortcake.  It's filling me so nicely and elegantly.  Oh, it's so gooooddd...  I love this.  No joke, probably going for seconds.  Oh, definitely...  This is as addictive (and fatty) as a Cinnabon.  Feeling a twinge of guilt... at the fact that my brothers aren't here to see me in my moment of greatest cathartic ecstasy.

My second plate looks much nicer, doesn't it?  


Can't tell whether it's warm or lukewarm right now.  Too stoned...  This recipe is awesome. :)  Mmmmm... the cream cheese and strawberry and sweet cake blend together so harmoniously, like a harp, flute and guitar...

Goodnight, all.  Oh God, 6 AM!  Tempus fudit.  

Next time!  We eat a really beautiful piece of music and a nice, relaxing latin beat!

No comments:

Post a Comment